Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick-or-treat

Sitting in my favorite spot on the sofa, listening to the crackling of the wood in the fireplace and enjoying a quiet evening when all of a sudden R stands up and says..."There are a few men standing at the end of the driveway..that's odd."

I rise from my comfy spot to check out what he's talking about. To my surprise, we see the group grow larger as they make their way up to our house. Oh no! We then realize it's Halloween and it's a group of little kids dressed in costume with their parents coming to trick-or-treat! The French do trick-or-treat! Shoot..no bonbons in the house and the group is getting closer and closer. I check the pantry, grab 2 bags of clementines and hurry downstairs.

R learns from the parents that this is only the 2nd annual Halloween trick-or-treating for these kids and it's a new tradition in their families but not many people do it here. We still have 10 clementines left in case there are more kids. But after that's gone, I wonder how they will feel about eggs or potatoes. Heheheheh. Really! On est vraiment mal preparé for Halloween this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment