Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I DRIVE!!!!

Feeling triumphant tonight! One of the things on my bucket list for a while has been learning how to drive stick shift...amongst others like skydiving (not sure when that will ever happen as I'm AFRAID of heights), living abroad, learning to speak another language fluently, etc.

Tonight I drove down to auto école and grocery shopping all by myself! Woohoo.

Maybe I'll drive part of the way to the Netherlands in a few weeks...anyway, R and I went to Lyon last Tuesday and had a wonderful dinner at the restaurant at Institut Vatel (a world-renown hotel management school).

Menu:

Aperitif (only R, as I don't really drink alcohol)
Amuse bouche
Entree
Plat Principal
Cheese plate (with choice of 25 different cheeses), or fromage blanc with creme and sugar on top
Followed by a chariot of desserts (but it was more like 3 chariots of desserts and another table).

By the time the chariots came out (2.5 hours into dinner), I was so full. But I couldn't resist and tried 3 different tortes. I was laughing so hard at seeing the desserts because the choice and quantity was RIDICULOUS.


2 comments:

  1. Drooling looking at the desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was giddy with excitement looking at the THIRTY-ONE different desserts. The servers must have thought I was a little loopy laughing so much. It was difficult deciding which desserts to try. In the end, I chose 3, but only managed to eat small bites of each. But if I had left more room at the end, they said I could have had a bite of every single one if I wanted. That is something to remember for next time!

    ReplyDelete