Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Photo catchup

Photos from the past week. My friend J posing by le Valserine et Rhone with a box of petit French pastries. She didn't pose long...we pretty much finished it all in under ten minutes.




Standing on Mount Saleve with amazing views of Geneva below. We got lucky and captured a paraglider in the background. I would love to do it one day, when I can get over my fear of heights. I parasailed in Thailand and wasn't scared. It was so cool to watch the takeoffs and see them playing with the wind. Even though I can learn to steer and control how rapidly I descend, my fear of heights makes me hesitate. But perhaps next year.



The next few pictures are of Nyon, Switzerland.




Seyssel and Aix-les-Bains. Bought some guimauve framboise (housemade raspberry marshmallow) and brownies. The "brownies" in France taste like chocolate cake rather than the deep, chocolately, fudgey brownies I know and love. According to David Lebowitz (Chez Panisse's former pastry chef who now lives and bakes in France, it's because the French flour is more like cake flour than all purpose flour).






At the Fête des bucherons

2 comments: