Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The sweet scent of spring

A selection of photos of springtime in France, at home. The weather is fantastic and the lilacs are in bloom. First the light purple ones, and now the bright fuschia ones (photos to come of these hot pink ones later). Whenever I'm outside and I pass the lilacs, I smell a sweet scent. I can't help but smile. What a simple pleasure it is to be where I am right now. Enjoying the smells and sights of spring. Besides the lilacs, the irises are starting to bloom and the strawberries and groseilles look promising with tons of flowers on them. Unfortunately I have not found any more morilles even though I'm searching around the strawberry patch every day.

Lilacs, the sweetest scent of spring

We've started barbecuing in the garden, and Poubelle (who joined our family last summer) is always nearby whenever we're grilling. Just the other day, when my back was turned, he jumped onto the picnic table and made off with a chipolata sausage. I wish I had a photo of him running away with the long sausage flapping against his face. He was so happy with joy eating it in a corner of a garden...that we couldn't stay angry at him for long. Not knowing right from wrong, he came back within minutes after his large lunch and sat on the bench next to me, looking cute and probably hoping for more.


Wild blackberry bushes at the bottom of our cherry tree hill

Our collection of tree branches in the garden with a view of the two lilac trees and the driveway trees


Beautiful and delicate French radis et concombre

Cherry trees in blossom

From L to R: Pork with herbs de provence, merguez, and chipolatas

Poubelle, stretching for a piece of sausage

Does anyone know what this is? R and I found it on a walk up in the forest in Menthieres.

No comments:

Post a Comment