Saturday, April 2, 2011

Japan and Arts Expo

This weekend my town is putting on its annual arts exposition, and I'm going to be part of it. The past few days I've been working on a Keynote slideshow, highlighting some of my photography of food, landscapes, and portraits. I've selected the photos, the music, and have the transitions all done, and have spent an entire day trying to get an exported QuickTime version of the slideshow to play on an ancient circa 2002 Windows laptop. It has been frustrating times, but I think R and I've finally got it playing now. R stepped in after I declared I was ready to throw the dinosaur out the window, which I may well do after this expo. Just in case the old thing chokes during QuickTime playback, I have a PDF backup that visitors can manually click through.

In addition to showing my photography, I'll be busy baking a ton of cookies to sell, with all proceeds to benefit the victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami. My friend S has said that Western media has chosen to report on the nuclear reactors, but there are hundreds of thousands of people who have lost everything and they need all the help you can give. I see this on the Dutch and French news every night, and I have many great Japanese friends, so I'm doing my own small part to help.

Please donate at Global Giving or at your local chapter of the Red Cross. Thank you.





No comments:

Post a Comment