Thursday, June 3, 2010

What's springing up in the garden

Springtime is here, though a bit chilly than normal says R. Perhaps it's related to Le Bise winds that raged last night, making big swishing noises and making the chimney tile rattle to and fro. We closed the shutters but still it was quite noisy. Today I took some photos of what I saw out in nature...two beetles doing what's natural, our fuschia peonies in bloom, our sage brush with purple flowers, and me in a small field of poppies about three minutes walk from our house.

The French class at Migro that I had enrolled in was canceled today. Instead I sat in another A2 level class, one that had started April 29. I knew I would have play catch up, but I still sat in the one and half hour class where the teacher was leading through the class through the subjunctive. The subjunctive in French is used, but not as often as in Spanish which is where I had last learned it. Even though I was able to follow most of the class, it was difficult since I haven't covered Imparfait, Passé Composé much less the subjunctive!

After today's Migros class I've decided to enroll at the University of Geneva's intensive French classes le cours d’été which starts on June 28th. From what I understand, the schedule would include three hours of French instruction everyday, followed by two hours of pronunciation, some writing exercises, and then excursions into Geneva to learn about Swiss history, culture, arts, etc. I am so excited and I wish the classes could start sooner! In the meantime I'll be doing self-study in my Barron's French Now book and trying to speak French whenever I have the chance at the supermarket, with the neighbors, etc.

C'est tout et à bientôt!

1 comment: