Monday, June 21, 2010

Supernatural brownies and listening to music loudly

One of the benefits of living in a house on a hill in the countryside is that you can turn your music way up. R and I are doing just that right now. R's going through huge collection of music and at this moment Dark Side of the Moon is playing.

I made a simple marinara sauce with farfalle with oregano that I picked from the garden.

I'm having fun dancing while baking David Lebovitz's supernatural brownies. He's the former pastry chef at Chez Panisse who has is now living and baking in Paris. I mostly use his recipes because they are tried and tested with ingredients from France. I loved his "The Sweet Life in Paris" and became a convert after making his recipe for chocolate peanut butter chocolate ice cream.

I chose the most plain dark chocolate I could find. There was a huge choice of chocolate with chestnuts, hazelnuts, curry, mint, etc. I haven't been able to find dark packed brown sugar (or light brown sugar for that matter), so I used something called sucre brut moulu. Crossing my fingers the brownies come out well.

It's R's birthday on Friday. I've found a recipe for a French fruit tart but I will make it with almond flour since I have some in my pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment