Friday, October 14, 2011

Is it October already?

Welcome to October! I've been busy the past few weeks...all good things I promise you. First after renting out my Boston apartment, I revved my job search into high gear. I looked for jobs, contacted recruiters, researched companies, updated my resume, wrote cover letters, did phone interviews, met hiring managers at onsite interviews...sometimes I even had two three-hour long interviews in one day.

It was an exhausting September. In the end I received two, almost three job offers. I'm happy to say that they are all good companies. I decided on one stellar company and I am so excited to begin the next chapter here in NYC.

Naturally (and sadly) it also means my one and a half year sabbatical is about to end. I return to work as a project manager at an interactive agency on Monday!

So what have I been doing lately besides job searching and interviewing? I spent the past few weeks recuperating from a bad cold, visiting Queens County Farm's apple festival, and foraging for mushrooms in Staten Island & Forest Park, anticipating the iPhone 5 (which turned out to be the iPhone 4S), mourning the demise of Apple's genius, diving into retail therapy (after a year of not shopping except for food), it felt nice going out to the city. I met R several times in the city to have lunch, met my friend M in the city to do some bridal shopping. M and her French fiancé are engaged to be married next July in Ile de Ré, France.

Also I started French classes at Alliance Française. I'm taking Conversation and Grammar, Niveau B1. More to come on that!

Here are two interesting articles about foraging:

Nona Brooklyn: free range chickens in the park? Yes, you bet.
One Hungry Chef: I like his theory on shopping and foraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment