Thursday, September 16, 2010

All dressed up and walking around in my garden

"Come quick!" yells R from the living room. Running to the balcony window, I peek outside to see this beauty wandering around the backyard:




He's all dressed up and taking a stroll, not really minding us as long as we stay far enough away. He is gorgeous! Look at that color! Wikipedia tells me he's just a Common Pheasant, of the Mongolian Ringnecked type. But to me, he was a delight! After watching him for about 10 minutes or so, he flew off in a huff, scared off by Poubelle, our always hungry adopted feral cat.

This afternoon, we decided to go to Chezery-Forens, a small town with its own fromagerie which my Japanese friend told me about a while ago. There, I bought some fromage blanc, 2 liters of raw milk, a bloc of bleu de gex (a mild blue cheese). Sitting and drinking some warm raw milk now (meaning, non-pasteurized). YUMMM.

And the 2 pics below are from a walk we did in Chezery before visiting the fromagerie. I know I keep on saying how beautiful the surroundings are here in our little part of the world. But really....it was so gorgeous today. The flowers, the old farmhouses, the beautiful rolling hillsides.



No comments:

Post a Comment